LED TV Picture Quality: 5 Things to Know Before You Buy
When it comes to choosing an LED TV, picture quality is one of the most important factors to consider. With so many options available, it can be difficult to know where to start. In this article, we'll cover five key factors pertaining to the picture quality to consider before making your purchase.
- Resolution: HD, Full HD or 4K?
Resolution is one of the most important factors when it comes to picture quality, as it directly affects the level of detail and sharpness that you can see on the screen. There are a few different resolution options available for LED TVs, including:
- HD (720p): This resolution is considered basic and is becoming increasingly rare, as Full HD and 4K options become more affordable. While an HD TV will still provide a decent picture, the image won't be as sharp or detailed as with higher resolution options.
- Full HD (1080p): This is the most common resolution option for LED TVs. It provides a sharp, detailed picture that most people will be satisfied with. A Full HD TV is a good choice for those on a budget who still want a great picture. A Wiscon 43-inch Full HD LED TV comes loaded with a plethora of other features like a voice remote at a very reasonable cost of Rs. 17,990 including GST.
- 4K (2160p): This is the highest resolution option available for LED TVs. A 4K TV provides an incredibly sharp, detailed picture that is especially impressive on larger screen sizes. If you're looking for the best picture quality possible and are willing to spend a little bit extra, a 4K LED TV is the way to go (make sure to get one with HDR support).
While HD is becoming increasingly rare, Full HD is the most common option, and 4K provides the highest level of detail and sharpness.
Apart from these types, the latest trend is an 8K LED TV. In our opinion, they are not really worth it right now, because of the lack of content in 8K. Purchasing an 8K movie is further off in the future, and as for streaming, even 4K content takes a toll on most people’s internet connection at present.
- Contrast Ratio is an unreliable parameter
Contrast ratio refers to the difference between the brightest and darkest parts of the image on your TV screen. A higher contrast ratio means a more vibrant and lifelike image.
Look for an LED TV with a high contrast ratio for the best picture quality. The contrast ratio is usually listed in the TV's specifications, and the higher the number, the better.
However, the way it is measured varies widely.
- Colour Accuracy:
Colour accuracy is another important factor when it comes to picture quality. You want your TV to display colours as accurately as possible, so you can see movies and TV shows as they were intended to be seen.
Look for an LED TV with good colour accuracy and a wide colour gamut for the best picture quality. A wide colour gamut means that the TV can display a broader range of colours, making the image more vibrant and lifelike. You can usually find this information in the TV's specifications.
- Go for a higher Refresh Rate
The refresh rate is the number of times per second that your TV can display a new image. A higher refresh rate means less motion blur and smoother movement on the screen.
Look for an LED TV with a refresh rate of at least 120Hz for the best picture quality. Some TVs have even higher refresh rates, but 120Hz is a good starting point. A higher refresh rate is especially important if you plan to use your TV for gaming or sports, where there is a lot of fast-moving action on the screen.
- Viewing Angle: the wider, the better
The viewing angle refers to how far off-center you can be and still see the picture clearly. This is an important factor to consider if you'll be watching TV with a group of people, as you want everyone to be able to see the picture clearly, no matter where they're sitting. Avoid a TV with a narrow viewing angle, as it can make the picture appear washed out or distorted if you're not sitting directly in front of the screen.
Wiscon LED TVs have a viewing angle of 178 degrees which means that someone sitting beside the TV too will be able to see the picture clearly!
The next time you are out to buy a new LED TV, considering these factors can help you choose the best LED TV for your needs, depending on your budget and usage requirements. With the right TV, you can enjoy stunning picture quality and an immersive viewing experience.
For having a look at some great, reasonably priced products, head over to www.wiscon.in or call us at 1800 309 4549 and we will be happy to assist you.